Change My Major


If you want to change your major or were undecided on a major and have recently chosen one, please change your major before attending orientation.


All freshmen sessions have a limited number of slots available and are restricted to certain colleges and schools. If you change your major, you may no longer be able to attend your orientation date preference if that college will not be in attendance. While you will still have the opportunity to change your major as a student at USA, it would be beneficial to have an idea of what major you may be interested in pursuing. All undecided majors will attend an orientation session with the College of Arts and Sciences. We ask that you request to change your major at least ten business days prior to your orientation so we can contact you if any changes need to be made to your session.

Transfer and Adult

All official transcripts must have been received by the Office of Admissions in order to complete a credit evaluation to determine what courses will transfer from any institution you previously attended. If you have credits that will transfer from another institution, an advising plan will be laid out prior to your attendance at orientation. If your major changes, the advising plan may also change, so we ask that you request to change your major at least five business days prior to your orientation to give the advisors enough time to prepare for your orientation.

How to Request a Major Change

If you would like to change your major, please submit the Change Major form available here.  This major change form is for incoming students onlyCurrent or former undergraduate students may click here to fill out a change of program form through the Registrar's office